The Commerce5 Ship-From Store/Warehouse Mod allows for the Ship From Location on an imported web order line items to be automatically changed to an alternate location based on available inventory for locations with a location group.
- A priority order can be specified within a location group to control which locations should be checked for available inventory.
- If no locations within a location group have sufficient inventory to fulfill a line item then the Ship-From Location will be unchanged from the default Ship-From Location.
- A Location Group can be assigned to each Ship-to State to allow for fulfillment by different stores or warehouses based on the shipping destination
- Instant Message Notifications can be sent to location specific message groups when the Ship-From location is changed on an order
- The Commerce5 Ship-From Store/Warehouse Mod is compatible with both Magento 1.x and Magento 2.x Community & Enterprise
Ship Full or Split Ship
- The Commerce5 Ship-From Store Mod can be configured to to analyze available inventory per location for all line items on an order or at a per line item level
- Note: Alternate Ship-From locations are ONLY analyzed if the default inventory location that the web order is imported into does NOT have sufficient qty available
- If ALL line items on an order can be fulfilled by an alternate inventory location then the Ship-from Location on all line items and on the order header will be updated to the alternate location
- This setting is most commonly used to help cut down on shipping costs by having an entire order shipped from a single store or warehouse
- Every line item on an order can be fulfilled by an alternate inventory location
- This setting is most commonly used when multiple stores/warehouses stock different product lines and multiple shipments are required to fulfill an order
Example: This order is being shipped to Michigan. Based on the Location Group and available inventory the Ship From Location is changed from the default location "WEB" to location " 0007"
Example: This order is being shipped to California. Based on the Location Group and available inventory the Ship From Location is changed from the default location "WEB" to location " 0018"
Order Activity Logging:
- When the Ship-From Location on an order is changed an activity record is added to the order log table for EVERY line item that is changed on the order. This will make it a lot easier when reviewing an order to determine if the Ship-From location on an order was manually changed or if it was changed automatically during the order import process.
Example of an Order where the 2 line items were both changed to an alternate Ship-From Location
When the Ship-From Location on an imported Web Order is changed a location specific instant message notification can be optionally sent in Counterpoint to notify a store or warehouse that there is an order that has been committed to their inventory location. The Notification Message Group and Notification Message From User can be configured on the following form.
This is an example Instant Message notification in Counterpoint to notify a message group that the following order and line items have been changed to an alternate ship from location.
Setup > Inventory > Locations
- Used to assign instant message notification groups and message sender to each Inventory Location
Setup > System > Message Groups
- Used to control what Counterpoint users are assigned to a message group
Setup > Inventory > State Location Groups
- Used to assign location groups to a Ship-to State
Setup > Inventory > Location Groups
- Used to assign locations to a location group
How to change the Shipping Priority in a Location Group
To change the shipping priority of locations within a location group you can use the "Move up" and "Move down" buttons in the location group
We can now see that location 003 has a higher shipping priority
Make sure to hit "Save" when all changes to the location group are complete
How to Remove a Location from a Location Group
If you need to remove a location from the location group, make sure select the location to remove and then go to "Line > Delete Line"
Do NOT click the Red X on the toolbar. This will delete the entire location group instead of just the one location in the location group