The following scenario will show the process when a $100 Gift Card is purchased on the website and payment is authorized and captured at checkout.
- A virtual gift card is when there is NO physical gift card that is sent to the customer. The customer will receive an email from the website with their gift card number. The customer can then use this gift card number on the website or in a retail store.
Once the order has been placed you can view the order in the Magento Admin.
- The order will be invoiced
- The customer will be sent an email with the Gift Card #
Sample Email Sent to Customer
- Note: The Magento Developer is responsible for modifying the design of the emails that are sent from the website.
When this order is imported into Counterpoint it will create 3 transactions
A completed order will be created that includes the Gift Card # in the Line Item "Prompt 1 Alpha" field
Gift Card Details are stored as an order note with note id "GIFTCARD"
A Deposit Ticket will be created for the payment received on the website
- Note: Deposit Ticket # = Order#-D
A Release Ticket will be created for the Gift Card that was purchased
- Note: Gift Card Release Ticket # = Order#-GC
The $100 Gift Card is created in the Counterpoint Gift Card table