The following scenario will show the process when a $100 Physical Gift Card is purchased on the website and payment is authorized only at checkout.
- When a Physical Gift Card is purchased the online shopper is required to enter a shipping address during checkout on the website. The merchant will then receive the order in Counterpoint with the shipping address and an auto-generated gift card # that can be optionally changed to a pre-printed physical gift card #.
Sample Gift Card Preview
Sample Order Confirmation Email
Once the order has been placed you can view the order in the Magento Admin.
- The customer will NOT be sent an email with the Gift Card #. The Gift Card Email will be sent when the order has been released in Counterpoint and an invoice is created in Magento for the order
When this order is imported into Counterpoint it will create 1 transaction
An open order will be created that includes a Ship-to Address and the Gift Card # in the Line Item "Prompt 1 Alpha" field
- Note: The line item on the order is the non-inventory gift card item that was setup. Counterpoint does NOT allow Gift Card lines on orders.
Gift Card Details are stored as an order note with note id "GIFTCARD"
Assigning Physical Gift Card # to Web Order
When processing a web order with a physical gift card the auto-generated gift card number from the website can be changed to a pre-printed physical gift card number that will then be mailed to the gift card recipient.
In this example we can see the GC# (Prompt Alpha 1) column in Touchscreen Ticket Entry
- When releasing the order the Auto-Generated Gift Card # from the web order can be changed by clicking the "Enter Item Prompts" button.
- In this example we have renamed this button "Change GC#" to make it easier to use.
This will then pop-up the following item prompts window showing the current auto-generated gift card #
You can then either scan the barcode on the physical gift card or manually enter the new gift card #
The newly entered gift card # can then be seen on the release ticket and the transaction can be completed.
A Gift Card is then created in Counterpoint for the newly entered gift card # during the next Commerce5 sync with Magento
The original auto-generated gift card # on the order in Magento has now been updated with the Gift Card # that was entered on the release ticket in Counterpoint