As part of the product sync from Counterpoint to Magento, the Rapidflow extension will import an uploaded product data .csv file into Magento.
For sites that are live and in a production environment, the profiles are usually set to run on a schedule using a CRON job (set up by your web partner) usually between a 30 and 60 minute interval. Changes made to products in Counterpoint should automatically be uploaded and imported the next time the CRON job runs meaning the Rapidflow profiles should never need to be run manually. However, if you'd like to see the changes you just made immediately, sometimes it makes sense to manually run the profiles.
Note: Keep in mind that your changes may not be immediately seen if the windows scheduled task that creates and exports the data file has not been run since you saved your changes.
For sites that are still in development, there usually isn't a CRON job in place and any new data from Counterpoint will need to be pulled in manually by running the Rapdiflow profiles from the Magento admin.
Below are the step by step instructions to manually run Rapidflow profiles:
1. From the Magento admin, navigate to System > Rapidflow.
2. Click on the profile you'd like to run. The most common profiles are pictured below. The profiles present in your system may vary depending on your configuration.
- Import Products - Contains the full product information and attributes
- Import Extra - Specifies gridded/configurable product associations
- Import Image Gallery - Specifies the secondary images for a given product. (only present if alternate images are used on product pages)
- Import Updates - Contains price and quantity changes for products. This profile is usually much smaller and causes less overhead on the site so it can be run more often, while only updating the most important data. This profile will usually contain duplicate data found in the Import Products profile so this one can usually be excluded from manual imports.
3. Click 'Save and Run'
You should then see the status page appear as the profile is running.
4. After the profile finishes, repeat the same steps for the other remaining import profiles. The last import profile that you run should include a reindex task which will automatically run the site reindexes when the task runs. If it doesn't, you can manually run the reindexes by navigating to System > Index Management, selecting the reindexes you'd like to run, and clicking Submit.
You have now manually run the Rapidflow profiles.